Sunday, July 8, 2012

Fact or Fiction???

(I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist this post!)

I have stumbled on to one of Ogden City's biggest secrets and I'm now sharing it with everyone (well, everyone who reads, that is, which I fear may be no one as I have not been posting regularly).

As I was walking down the street, I glanced at the street sign and noticed something strangely familiar. I was surprised that I had not noticed it before, but this time, it was very obvious. I was very excited because this street sign turned fiction into fact!

As many people know, I am a huge (sometimes embarrassingly huge) Harry Potter fan! As we all remember from the last book, we are introduced to the Peverell Brothers and the Deathly Hallows (the wand, the stone, and the cloak). We also learn about the quest to unite the Deathly Hallows and that whoever does so would become Master of Death. Xenophilius Lovegood tells Harry that those who become part of the "quest" have a symbol they use to demonstrate that they are part of that quest (and that Xenophilius himself wears a necklace of that symbol). As the book continues, Harry continues to see variations of that symbol (a line for the wand, a circle for the stone, and a triangle for the cloak), and his knowledge of the Deathly Hallows continues to grow. This is what the symbol is:

Obviously, as anyone who has read Harry Potter recognizes (or at least what should be recognized) is that the story is entirely fiction...or is it?

Now we are back where we started. I was walking down the street and my eye caught the street sign. What do you think I saw?


What do you think this means? You are right, it means the Deathly Hallows are real and that Ogden City is part of the Quest! And to think it took me over two years to recognize! Now, Ogden has done a good job of fooling people that this is the "Golden Spike" about to be nailed into the railroad with the sun (or moon) in the background, but they can't fool me! The secret is out ;)


No comments:

Quotes

"[Confucius] taught that the country which develops the finest music, the grandest poetry, and the noblest moral ideals--that is, the country with the most exalted culture--will always yield the greatest power in the world."

-Letters from the Jade Dragon Box by Gale Sears



"Who is such a reprobate as I! And yet it seems that even I am in Somebody's hand!'

-Mr. Henchard in The Mayor of Casterbridge



"...[T]he magnitude of [life] is not as to [one's] external displacements, but as to [one's] subjective experiences."

-Thomas Hardy in Tess of the d'Urbervilles





"...I have a new love for that glittering instrument, the human soul. It is a lovely and unique thing in the universe. It is always attacked and never destroyed--because 'Thou mayest.'"

-Lee in East of Eden