Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A New Temple!!!!

Since the construction for the new Brigham City Temple began, I have wanted to go take a look; for me, there's an excitement about seeing the construction happen. So, a couple friends and I headed up that way to take some pictures. After some heckling and confused-looking faces, we made our way to the temple site, which resulted in these pictures. And yes, I know it's "only a hole in the ground" but it's the idea that a temple is coming that makes it exciting and piques my curiosity :)

Here are the pictures I took. I also provided three links (Brigham, City, and Temple above). Additionally, I just read that the groundbreaking for the Rome, Italy Temple will be Oct 23, 2010 and that Pres Monson will be presiding there!!!!! Isn't that exciting!!!?!?!?!?!? They'll unveil the design at the groundbreaking...I can't wait to see what it's going to look like



No comments:

Quotes

"[Confucius] taught that the country which develops the finest music, the grandest poetry, and the noblest moral ideals--that is, the country with the most exalted culture--will always yield the greatest power in the world."

-Letters from the Jade Dragon Box by Gale Sears



"Who is such a reprobate as I! And yet it seems that even I am in Somebody's hand!'

-Mr. Henchard in The Mayor of Casterbridge



"...[T]he magnitude of [life] is not as to [one's] external displacements, but as to [one's] subjective experiences."

-Thomas Hardy in Tess of the d'Urbervilles





"...I have a new love for that glittering instrument, the human soul. It is a lovely and unique thing in the universe. It is always attacked and never destroyed--because 'Thou mayest.'"

-Lee in East of Eden