So, as I promised, I have some pictures of my loot from the yard sale of the old guest houses at McKay-Dee Hospital...and here they are:
|The lamps (here are four, one more was not photographed and one is soon to follow)|
|Here's some decor I could not resist|
|This picture I bought for the frame. I have an impossible puzzle of Neuschwanstein Castle that, when finished, will be glued together and put in this frame.|
|This is a picture that I am keeping intact. I love the old European Town look|
|Here's another lamp :)|
- a microwave
- bunk beds (with mattresses)
- full bed (with mattress)
- shelves (PVC)
- sheets and unused dish cloths
- another lamp
- a set of plates
- a Christmas tree (with decorations)
It was a good haul! That and I only spent $160 :)
As far as the house goes, I am still waiting to hear about the loan. The inspection and the appraisal have already been completed (and the house has passed).
Other things I am looking at are the following:
- Painting (Kitchen - Yellow; Front Room - Beige; Bedroom - Blue; Bedroom - Green; Bedroom - Yellow, Blue, Green, or Beige...whatever I seem to like best when the time for choosing has come). This is obviously a want, but most likely will be granted. Obviously, the colors will be shades of the listed color and not just the regular color. I am already going through paint samples to try and choose which shade.
- Washer and Dryer - This is a need if I want to wash my clothes. It will be granted.
- Couch/Love Seat/Chair - This is a want and I may have to wait until a later date.
- Tear out carpet and re-finish hardwood floors - I know the carpet needs to be changed (and will be changed) in two of the bedrooms, but I am not sure if I want to re-carpet the rooms or keep the hardwood floors underneath. I'm planning on keeping the front room carpet for the next few years. I may re-carpet the bedrooms and then, when the time comes, get rid of the carpet in the front room and then buff up the hardwood floors. I'm still trying to decide.
I also have some other ideas to fix up the house, but those will have to wait for quite some time. These ideas include:
- placing molding around the windows
- remodeling the bathrooms
- replacing the kitchen linoleum
- replacing the inside doors
I think I may just end up painting the house and removing the carpet in one bedroom (the deep-red color...definitely not going to stay. It's way too retro!!) and then saving for the other projects. Luckily, I have a few years to save money and make changes. This is going to be pretty fun I think.
So, there's the update. I will keep you posted with any additional news.