Sunday, October 19, 2008

This Was Inevitable! (Cont'd)

So, I tried to put a few of my favorites on the post, but it would only let me upload so many (I guess), so I'm doing a second post to put the rest on (I couldn't leave any of these out!) These albums come highly recommended, especially by myself. By the way, the picture inside the LDS Conference Center is there to represent the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra on Temple Square (I couldn't find a satisfying picture). That picture also represents the concerts given by Sissel, Bryn Terfel, Audra McDonald, Frederica Von Stade, and Angela Lansbury, along with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. They were absolutely fabulous! ENJOY!

5 comments:

Pamela said...

Don't worry Dave, only 5 more days until 24 hours of Christmas music!

Steve said...

Wow, discovering this blogaroo was a bright spot of the day. I must ask though, where are the Carpenters and the Osmonds? Can you even celebrate Christmas without Karen Carpenter? I highly doubt it! Other amazing classics include John Denver, the Chipmunks, and of course, the Jackson 5. You might also need to hear James Taylor's new CD. For driving on a date or just general sexy time, check out Diana Krall's Christmas album. That should keep you busy through Christmas.
Mick says hello.

Dave said...

I feel horrible! I can't believe I forgot about Karen Carpenter...it's true it's not Christmas without her! Not to worry, I'm going to fix it!

Tyler and Julia said...

I must say I am VERY happy that you remembered to put the Carpenters' album! "Merry Christmas Darling" is one of the best Christmas songs ever (at least I think so). :)

Erik Kokkonen said...

Dave Slack! I didn't know you blogged. I will now link to it from my blog...As much as I love Karen Carpenter for Christmas, she is only invited after Thanksgiving.

Quotes

"[Confucius] taught that the country which develops the finest music, the grandest poetry, and the noblest moral ideals--that is, the country with the most exalted culture--will always yield the greatest power in the world."

-Letters from the Jade Dragon Box by Gale Sears



"Who is such a reprobate as I! And yet it seems that even I am in Somebody's hand!'

-Mr. Henchard in The Mayor of Casterbridge



"...[T]he magnitude of [life] is not as to [one's] external displacements, but as to [one's] subjective experiences."

-Thomas Hardy in Tess of the d'Urbervilles





"...I have a new love for that glittering instrument, the human soul. It is a lovely and unique thing in the universe. It is always attacked and never destroyed--because 'Thou mayest.'"

-Lee in East of Eden